Monday 23 April 2007

Hey-ho.

Ok. I’m an ‘Upbeat/ Pick Myself Up & Carry On’ kinda girl, so I’m only going to say this once. ONCE, d’ya hear?

Why didn’t I see this coming?

There were no warning signs. Honest. Unless I was so busy shopping for Prada I didn’t notice them…..but hey, what would he have booked us on a two week holiday to Mauritius for if he was about to dump me?

I don’t get it.

So. Here we are.

Last night was kind of unreal. My first night as a single girl, and I didn’t know what to do with myself. I went where I always go to when I’ve got to figure something out- I went to Linny’s. Of course, I’d forgotten she works late on Sundays so I sat on her doorstep waiting for her, shivering in the cold and feeling an Absolute Fool. I ate the whole packet of Blueberry Muffins though.

By the time Linny got back it was almost 9 and she was late for a date. She said I could stay as long as I needed to, but I could tell she really wasn’t listening, she was too busy blow-drying her hair and trying to squeeze herself into a red dress. She asked if I wanted to go with her, but that was the last thing I wanted to do. At least she asked though. She’s a good friend.

So. Here I am. My entire life’s belongings are in a black rucksack beside this sofa bed. Besides my laptop- thank god I bought that myself!-, that’s it, that’s all I got. Oh, and about £580 in the bank, my ‘Honey In Gold’ sandals and my Dignity. The rest, he can keep.

In case you’re wondering, yeah, he’s in Mauritius.
Bastard.
Said there was no point in wasting both tickets. I pointed out I wasn’t going to pack his things now, like I usually did; he said ‘That’s ok, I’ll buy everything new out there.’

Yeah, it’s not only Girlfriends he throws away, it’s Money too.

No comments: