Sunday 22 April 2007

About Me.

A-Z of Me.

Age- 20-Something.

Booze- Bacardi and Coke or Pimms in the Summer. Port in the winter. Red wine anytime. (White gives me headaches.)

Career-
At 16, I left school, threw away my chance of 6 years at Uni to of being a Vet; all to move in with the 'man of my dreams'. I was going to marry him, have loads of babies and be a Stay At Home and Lovin’ it Momma for the rest of my life. Sad, huh? But that was all I wanted to do. So, while waiting for the ‘let’s get married’ bit, I worked here and there as a nanny, a waitress, a shop assistant and a library assistant. Then DH decided he didn’t want me working, and let’s face it; he had enough money for both of us, a house in the country and an apartment in NYC and the six babies I wanted. So I gave up my ‘little pastimes’ as DH referred to them, and became a Kept Woman instead.

Dad's name: Jeremy

Essential Item– Before now, I would have been had pressed to choose between my Anya Hindmarch bag, my Tiffany lace drop earrings, my Nikon DSLR Digital camera and my red Audi…all gifts he had given me. Of course, I threw them all back at him, everything; except for the sandals. So now? My Essential Item would be my Dignity. I just have to find it.

Family: I’m an ‘only’ child (my parents told me I was lucky not having to share them with anyone) and my parents both have died. I have an Aunt, somewhere in London, but I haven’t seen her since I was about 19. So, until today, DH and his family were My family. Now it’s Me.

Guilty Of: Looking through a box of old letters he had hidden at the back of the wardrobe. If he loved me, why did he need to keep letters from her? If I felt secure in our ‘it’s a matter of days before he asks me to marry him’ relationship, why did I need to snoop?

Hometown: You won’t have heard of it, but it’s a place called Lickfold. Really.

Instrument I Play: Piano, Clarinet and at school, the recorder. I had guitar lessons too, but my Dad stopped that when he realised I fancied the teacher.

Jam or Jelly I Like: Strawberry jam, and lashings of it with butter on thick, crusty white bread. So unhealthy but delicious.

Kids: None, Yet but I’d love them. At least three of each. My grandmother always told me that my hips were made for child-bearing.

Living Arrangment: Was living with him in his apartment off the Kings Road in London, until three days ago. Now sleeping on a friend’s sofa-bed in her studio apartment in Balham while I figure out what else to do.

Mum's Name: Virginia. 'Ginny' to anyone she liked. When I was mad at my parents, I'd call them 'Gin and Jem'. Behind their back, of course.

Overnight Hospital Stays: None, unless you count the time my best friend had complications after a secret abortion and she was so scared, I slept on the floor beside her bed so that she wouldn’t wake up alone after her surgery.

Phobias: Spiders. Being trapped in a lift. His Mother.

Quote I like: You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Regrets: Snooping through his things when I first moved in. Reading the letters he’d hidden at the top of his wardrobe. Was she beautiful?

Surprises I like: Breakfast in bed, a rainbow peaking through a wet, grey sky; a phone call from a long lost friend.

TV Shows: House, Desperate Housewives, Spooks, The Apprentice, West Wing…not that I’m a TV addict. I prefer books.

Unforgettable moment: That moment in Harrods, staring at my brand-new £199.00 sandals in one hand, listening to his voice stammering on my cell-phone in the other....’We need A Break’.

Vegetable or Fruit: Either, as long as it’s raw. I hate mushy, over-cooked food, and I like to eat on the run so carrots and apples are my favourite snacks.

Wondering About……Was she beautiful? Why did they break up? Did it bother her when he kissed his (Male) Friends on the lips?

X- Rays I’ve Had: One on my wrist, which turned out to be broken. He didn't mean to make me trip though.

Yummy food I Make: I don’t cook. I can’t cook. As far as his mother was concerned, if I couldn't cook, what good was I? (I resisted the temptation to send her a few polaroid snaps of what I 'Could Do' for him.) I do the best white toast with oodles of butter and strawberry jam though. For what it’s worth, he couldn’t cook either. We ate out a lot.

Zodiac Sign: Gemini. The twins. Dual personality. I can run hot and cold, changing from happy to angry to sad and back again in a flash. Some people find it a little un-nerving, but at least I don’t bare grudges. (Except this once.)

3 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Wow, af. I came over from Michele's and ... you're going through quite the upheaval! I hope you figure things out fast, and that you move on to bigger and better.

All the best, from the zany (but fictional) cast of characters at West of Mars. Come on over if you need a stress break!

Anonymous said...

wow. you're gonna be ok though. I'll link you on my page.

~Alexandra's Friend~ said...

Thanks. Thanks for the comments, and for visiting. Right now it's just me and my laptop kipping on my pal's sofabed. Appreciate the support.